We have an open list and welcome requests for registration from patients living in or moving to the practice area.
You can register by either:
- Completing an online registration form here or
- collecting a form available from reception or
- You can also download and print a registration form here. (You will need to complete this by hand and bring it to the surgery)
You will have a named, accountable doctor who is responsible for coordinating your care. You can still talk to or make appointments to see any of our doctors or nurses, not just your named GP.
Patients are encouraged to register at a GP Practice within their local area, however Woodbank Surgery allows patients from all areas in England to register with the practice. Patients outside of the practice area must be aware that they will not be eligible for home visits and service provision may vary for those outside of the practice boundary.
Why Choose Woodbank?
- CQC rating – GOOD
- On average our patients only have to wait 90 seconds to get through to us on the phone
- Routine pre-bookable appointments available within 1 week
- Permanent team of GP’s and nurses with minimal use of locum clinicians
- Choice of telephone/video/face to face consultations based on patient preference
- We also accept patients from outside the Bury area
- We can send your prescription to any pharmacy in England
If you are unwell whist away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice.
You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.
To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.
Download the Temporary Resident Registration Form (You will need to complete this by hand and bring it to the surgery)